Special Cusco 5 Days / 4 nights
Day 1: Lima/Cusco
We will pick you up in the Cusco airport, welcome you to our beautiful city, and take you to your hotel.
1:15pm to 6:30pm : Cusco city tour (city and neighboring ruins)
The tour of the city includes the following: The Plaza de Armas (main plaza), The Cathedral of Cusco, Koricancha (religious complex dedicated to the different deities of Tahuantinsuyo). We then visit the arqueological sites near the city: Kenko, an ancient ceremonial center dedicated to the earth; PucaPucara, an ancient administrative and military site; Tambomochay, an important and sacred place dedicated to water; Sacsayhuaman, a fort overlooking Cusco and a central part of its defense. After Sacsayhuaman, we take you back to the city and your hotel.
Day 2: Cusco/ Sacred Valley / Machu Picchu
We leave early in the morning for an excursion to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Initially, we visit Pisaq, a picturesque little town in which you have the opportunity to visit the largest artisan market in the region. This is followed by lunch in Urubamba (not included) after which we visit the ruins of Ollantaytambo, which were a massive agricultural, administrative, social, religious, and military complex during the time of the Tawantinsuyo. At either 4:30 or 7:00pm, we take a train to the town of AguasCalientes at the base of Machu Picchu and check into a hotel.
Day 3: Machu Picchu / Cusco
Tour: the city of Machu Picchu
We meet at a predetermined time at the bus station in AguasCalientes, and board a bus which will take us to the lost city of the Incas on a very windy road up the mountain. Upon arrival, we will begin a guided tour of the city, an arqueological complex that is clearly divided into agricultural and urban sectors that were in perfect equilibrium with the natural environment of the area. In the afternoon, we return by train to Ollantaytambo and then take a van back to Cusco and the hotel.
Day 4: Cusco/Maras/Moray
We will pick you up at your hotel and head to our first destination, Maras. Here you will see the salt mines; salt is one of the most important minerals of the region. We next visit Moray. This is a formidable arqueologicalcomplex made up of a system of platforms and enormous terraces taking the form of a gigantic amphitheater. We then return to Cusco.
Day 5: Cusco/Airport
We will pick you up from your hotel and take you to the airport (or bus station) for your next connection.
- Transportantion to and from the airport or bus station ( from the beginning until the end of the itinerary)
- Train to and from AguasCalientes (Turist and Expedition class)
- Bus ticket to and from Machu Picchu (up and down the mountain)
- Professional guide for all of the tours (Spanish & English)
- All entrance fees for the attractions mentioned (BTC, Cathedral, Koricancha, Machu Picchu)
- Lodging: 4 nights in hotels (1 night in Machu Picchu and 3 in Cusco)
- Food: Breakfast every day.
- Neither food nor touristic services not indicated in the itinerary.
- Airfare to and from Cusco
- Tips for the guides and drivers (optional)
- Any other tips in the hotels or airports (optional).